Sunday, July 19, 2009

Florence & the Machine

A journalist friend got me a free ticket to Lovebox festival this weekend, and I got tosee Florence and the Machine perform for the first time.

Florence and the Machine - Lovebox

I haven't bothered to check her music out before partly because of the hype and partly because the 70s/art nouveau/clowns and fairies aesthetic seems to be aimed right at my demographic (thanks Bat for Lashes!).

She was immense though- what a performer- she went from cute to siren to fucking madthing in a half hour set. And her voice is just fine.

It doesn't hurt that she is achingly, aspirationally beautiful too. She had fake eyelashes on upper and lower lids and two gold rings shaped like raptor claws. As for her hair, well it just reminded me how much I need to go and see the JW Waterhouse mermaid painting again.

Nice lyrics too.

I'm off to cut in a fringe and order her album...

No comments:

Post a Comment